Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2009

More Emotional Surprises and Surprising Emotions...


Wow! The things that make me happy and the things I have fun with...

Had you ever told me I'd have a blast when my son has his first haircut, I'd have laughed at your face! I mean, seriously, what's so fun about a haircut, be it the first one? But you won't believe how much we enjoyed it! It was like a mini-holiday to us. Got him dressed in his cute shirt, same one that daddy has, and the same short daddy has (he just likes my style and prefers to dress like the experienced...), took all kinds of cameras and off we went.

Ok, that's onw reason why I Love America! There aren't that many, so pay close attention to this one: they gave him a flippin' certificate for his first haircut! Not to mention the salon was awesome! I just remember the gloomy, dirty place, full of grumpy old women under the hairdryers, waiting for their curles to dry, with those spacemen-like hats on their heads, the smell of the drying shampoo and the irons! Grose! I HATED it when my gramma took me there! Not to mention her preference for my looks back then! That's one reason why I Hate Bulgaria - the hair salons!

On the other hand, here people actually thought about it! They got little cars for your kid to sit in, TV's with cartoons playing, fun colors all over the place, not to mention even playstations and  gameboys and stuff! I mean - WOW! Those people actually thought of the fact, that your kid may not enjoy being touched by a stranger and thought of a thousand different ways to get his attention, so they won't turn a haircur into a surgery!

So, Sami behaved well throughout the exeperience and must have felt like a celebrity with us - paparazzi - all over him! He looks so grown up now! We stuck to the good old punk style, 'cause since we don't get to wear mohawks, at least there's no boss to tell our kid not to! Well, of course, a day's gonna come when he'll be like "Why did they cut my hair like this?", but for now he has no say.

So, as my little punk sleeps upstairs, here I am rumbling about it to you.

What's the moral of the story?

You can never be too sure what you may or may not enjoy until you try it! So, don't hesitate to test yourself!  You'll be surprised! And don't forget, the lack of action is either laziness, or fear...and we don't like the second one :)

Parenting keeps expanding before us! The emotions and feelings are totally new and alien, but we embrace them! (well, actually, we don't really have any choice, do we?) And I know, that as soon we get used to them, he'll be asking us for the car, so I try to grasp these tiny little pleasures, while he still drools all over my face! (he thinks it's a kiss)


No comments: