Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Earlybird and Nightowl

Yet another thing Sami changed in our life, other than turning it around, was that our nights have changed as much as our days. Don't get me wrong, he's a sweetheart, that sleeps through the night from 7pm to 9am! Crazy? No - awesome! But to this day Alex wakes up at seven. Be it to steal some time for herself, be it out of the breastfeeding habit.

Gone are the nights when we'd get back from work at 1-2 in the morning, sit down, eat, drink, watch movies, talk and laugh till dawn. Now she's in bed by the time I've just become alert and ready for action. I know I too get to spend some alone time and read, write and listen to music, while I watch Sami on the camera, sleeping peacefully, making me want to go wake him up and eat him...but I just miss my Alex. I wish we could at least sometimes be the good old freaks, who wake up at noon and shuffle hand in hand quietly to the coffee-house around the corner.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nope....gone are the days of old. Believe me I understand. Think if you had more kids how much worse it would be. You have to revel in the new things....and just realize you and Alex are now on different schedules. It wont be like this forever.

alkA. said...

Honey, don't you worry!!! I think we are getting there! I miss you too!

p.s. NO MORE KIDS!

;-))))