Search This Blog

Friday, September 11, 2009

Another Great First...

Sami's first pool:

He did great! Totally loved it! And 'yes', we finally have the best weather ever!



Next first : Skydiving!



alkA.

PS:
If I may add!
The beauty of the "first"s is not just hidden in the wide open eyes, the excitement and slight fear, the pride of succeeding in swimming across the pool on daddy's chest. The truly magical feeling is what we feel as his parents, showing him the world, admiring his excitement and wonder, nurturing his courage. I've heard that a father becomes a father after the first year. I believe that the reason for this is, that hardly any father is too excited about changing diapers and feeding a hyperactive baby with a spoon, where half of the food ends up all over the place, only not in the kid's mouth. But when it comes to playing and exploring, sign me up! I want to show him the world, I want to see the look on his face when he sees the neighbor's cat for the first time! Some day I'll tell him all about the Earth, the planets, the animals, about how man invented religion and about getting chicks to like you!

That's why the pool was an awesome first! One of those, where daddy can take a better initiative. I just feel my connection with Sami growing by the day, the more he learns how to communicate.

All the "first"s are now starting to emerge from the rabbit hole of the parenting experience. One more is slowly creeping in. It's called "NO!" That's a tough one. I wish we never had to teach him that one, but our role as members of the 21st century society demands it!

S.

No comments: