Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sometimes I Just Hope That Everybody Dies


I got home from work late today and looked at the poster on the wall of my garage (ever since I grew up, my Hardcore posters just somehow didn't match the art design of our house). It was of my favorite band, called Integrity. Their new album was supposed to come in the end of 1999 and was called 2000. So I remembered all the hype people had about the new year of 2000. The computer glitch that was supposed to crash all computers, the new millenium (although many people kept saying it'd come in 2001), and of course the end of the world.

It was somewhat fun to wait and watch what would happen at the end of the world and the second coming of the human-god - christ. As a kid I was kind of dreaming about this moment, saying to myself I'm not gonna care, I'll be old then. I'll have lived for 20 years! That's plenty of time. It'll be fun to see how the world ends. 

And here I am right now, looking back, from the peadestal of the age of the solid 30's. Looking back and thinking how strange time perception is for kids. They think that getting old is centuries away...

I remember, I cried when my mom sat me on the kitchen table the day before I got merried (best thing I ever did, by the way, was marrying Alex) and told me: Life goes by in a blink of an eye. I just need to know that you know you want to spend that blink with this girl! Just a blink ago I was in your shoes! Oh, my! I couldn't believe how sad that was! Our lives! Just little tiny flickers in the oceans of time! So petty! So hard to make ourselves heard! That thought is killing me to this day, but then I realized that life would roll out like a roll of toilet paper - the smaller it gets, the faster it runs (not my expression, but I love it!).

But anyway, at the time I thought my 20's were far far away and I had nothing to worry about. So the end of 1999 rolled up and guess what! The world didn't end in 2000! And that was a bit disappointing! I mean some French freak designer even moved out of his house or something, if I remember correctly, to wait for the end of the world! I was kind of waiting too! I also had moved out of my parents' house, but for different reasons. I couldn't wait till the Earth was freed from this slime and shit, called humanity. I was kind of hoping it would be a red button...but it didn't happen!

Now it's ten yars later and I'm starting to get the jitters of what's gonna happen in 2012.

Me and Alex watched all these documentaries about how all te prophets come together on this one. Christmas of 2012! It should be fun! I can't wait to wake up on January first 2013, after some crazy party and think Damn! It passed us again! But what if it doesnt?

Well, then, my friends, forget about me, but YOU have about three years left! Spend them wisely and don't waste a breath, because wherther it's the year 2012, or the end of the tiolet paper, starting to look a little bit closer, our blink of the eye is just one, and we have to remind ourselves to make the most of it!

6 comments:

alkA. said...

it's 12/22/2012

Anonymous said...

its intresting that all of us as a whole would connect over something so sad and horrible in a way , that destruction is what brings us together. I like your diary you touch on the details of life so easily that it makes me remember my ghosts as well. Thanks...

Kame from BG said...

Let's hope there will be enough to remember and enjoy while think second of a life lasts.

Anonymous said...

all that buzz about the end of the world is full of shit. It's crap!! And you know what? You are still a kid, boy!!

CToRH said...

Hah, I love the second anonymous comment! Awesome! First of all, I'm afraid the buzz about the end of the world IS full of shit. It's a petty, cause that seemed like the only good way to get rid of the human virus. As far as me, being a kid, I appreciate the compliment! I've always tried to become a kid! Looks like I may have made it!

Anonymous said...

life would roll out like a roll of toilet paper - the smaller it gets, the faster it runs . taka brat!