Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2009

The SAW II - Consequences


Since my sleep was ruined, I decided to get up and read until I could close my eyes again.

As I mentioned, only a thin glass door separates our modern, bright orange bedroom from the living room, so as soon as I turned on the light, Alex yelled to turn it off. I went upstairs into the loft, where on every step you hear the cracking of the floor boards, just so you can sit on the even louder (but ultra-comfy) bamboo lazy-chair.

Being a home owner is like a constant race with the ever-braking things. Taps are leaking, ceilings chipping, doors creaking, etc. So nowadays we don't fully close Sami's (our old-fashioned bedroom) door, so the loud sound of shutting it doesn't wake him up in the sweetest moment, just as the dreams are about to take him away.

Before I even read a page, Alex got up in her lovely prime sleep-deprived mood, and yelled at me for waking her up. "Hmm, I think you may be forgetting something here. You were the one who kicked me out of bed, dear." Before the argument could even start to unfold, we had woken Sami up as well. There went all the lovely morning mojo and we had to abandon the fighting corners! It was 6.30! Way before his usual waking time in 9am.

So, while we waited for him to fall back asleep, we discussed the lovely topics of our unsuitable for more than two people, falling apart lovely, depreciating house and the foolish "investment" where there's hardly any room left for us anymore. As a result, I guess by around 7.30 I was all ready to commit suicide.

It's those moments where you reach the bottom of frustration and helplessness, where miraculously even a hug can bring you back to your feet. As I was swearing all over the leaking tap and kicking the shaky kitchen table (not because of the table - our floor is uneven!!!), I felt Alex's arms embrace me from behind and half of my anger just melted away. 

The Beatles said it, I've also said it a million times and here I'll say it again: All You Need Is Love!

She read her horoscope of the day to me: "An early morning fight will prove to be reconnecting for the rest of the day." Damn that was right on!

Our day turned around and got better with every hour. We summoned enough energy for the usual weekend fun activities, restaurants, strolls and an hour-long game of hide-and-seek with Sami, who laughed so much and infected us so deeply with his joy that we almost forgot his bed-time (well, the dad did :).

What's better than Chinese food, beer, a nice conversation and a little fun with "The Office"? Domesticated as it sounds, I couldn't ask for anything else!

We had broken the curse of the Buddah-Saw!

"Concentrate on the good things!" I think this will have to be our new motto in order to survive!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

shes so cute though!!!!!!!!