Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2009

How Old Is He Again?




Damnit! I knew it! Now I'm gonna be one of those people, saying "they grow so fast"! Next thing you know, I'm going to put on my robe, my slippers and my glasses and go read the morning paper in the bathroom! I will probably pinch my frineds' kids on the cheeks and tell them they've grown so much and that they were this little when I last saw them!

I really thought life was about more than falling into the same old grooves, dug deep by society. But alas, I may have been wrong!

So...

Sami grows so fast! First of all, he'll be ayear old in like a couple of weeks, which is ridiculous, cause he was JUST born last...month...or so. Second of all, I installed the "big boy" car seat today and it looks exactly like he grew overnight! As soon as I put him into that seat, he already was as old as to talk to me and tell me which girl in school he likes! Hold on a minute!!! You're still just 11 months, buddy! You are not moving out of the house! And that "big boy" seat looks too big on you, by the way, so don't get all cocky! (well actually it doesn't. It looks perfect and he's so cute, staring at me in the rear-view mirror! I did tell him not to suck on his fingers and guess what! He LISTENED! What te hell's wrong with him! Why would he stop sucking his finger when I tell him to!? Is he that big already?)

Wow, life is strange...certainly strange. It seeps through the fingers like sand and it hardly makes a difference if you hold you fist closed, or let it all just fly away.


There's no reason to panic! We just need to learn to taste the air as we breathe it! That's how we'll live for real!

No comments: