Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2009

emOcean


Emotions can be so unpredictable! Sometimes I feel like I have not a brain, but rather a primordial soup in my head, washing out random wildlife on the shores of my consciousness.
I certainly wasn’t familiar with the life form of an emotion that emerged on that beautiful day…
Cheese platter and a bottle of wine – I can’t think of a better definition for a romantic lunch. Needless to say, romantic is often perceived as an experience, shared by TWO people and three could make it…overcrowded.
Our lovely little monster kept taking over the conversation! He always had the most important story to tell, the most urgent need to be addressed, and the best ways to use the already familiar to my readers “divide and conquer” technique.
So, we never even felt how the bottle of wine became lighter and lighter, until it was no longer amongst us, and was now resting at a better place.
Sometimes a song can shutter me and change me forever, like the “Meat is Murder” by the Smiths, for example, which moved me so thoroughly, that I haven’t eaten meat for more than thirteen years. It’s a beautiful feeling when you stumble upon a book or a movie that does that too. But the strongest effect of all is the personal experience, the “based on a true story” factor that grabs millions of attentions, because it’s not someone’s imagination. It has actually happened.
I wouldn’t have expected to start sobbing at that very table, when Alex interrupted whatever argument we were on at the time, to shout: “A tooth! His first tooth showed up!”
A happy smile is a normal reaction, a laughter even, or a “Wooooow (the more “o”, the stronger amazement), even an “Oh, awesome!” for the less sensitive ones. But tears???


I blame it on the wine. Solely on the wine. This would be my only way to excuse my whimpering self out of this awkward moment, when the waitress asked us if we’d need anything else. But, thankfully Alex had her glasses on, and was wiping her cheeks as well. So, it must be the wine then! I was unable to speak for a few moments.
The last time I cried was years ago. And it felt good this time! I was so happy!
Things are changing so fast! Really by the day. There is something new he does every day! That’s what people meant when they said “they grow so fast”. And every new achievement activates a new thunderstorm in my primordial emOcean.
Our son’s first tooth clicked on the spoon today and echoed in our hearts forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Не ще да е от виното... Очите ми се напълниха, докато четях и преживявах вашето вълнение :)))
Честито първо зъбче!
Поздрави,
Мариана