Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Crossroads


I'll never forget how miserable I felt, when during a philosophy lecture, the professor told us:
"The tragedy of the human life is that from the many possible ways, we are only able to choose one!"
And then I knew it. I was young then, but in the end I'd turn around and wonder what would have been hiding behind the corners I never turned? How could I ever escape getting trapped into mundaneness and losing the chance to encounter even my crossroads. So, leaving for the US seemed like a good opportunity...and all the joy and tears of blood that we cried here were all justified, in part, because we had taken the exciting part of the crossroad - we didn't stay behind.

But why did it have to take us six years, to finally wake up and see that we've taken the dead end street? Or in this labyrinth of life, are they all dead end streets? This would make the human drama even more devastating - Of all the ways one could walk in his life, he always chooses the dead-end street!

As Alex texted me today, while I was carrying somebody else's dirty dishes to the back of the restaurant - "I'm sick of the fact that All of my nights are the same! They never used to be the same before!"

And then it hit me: We've never really had the choice, have we? We were preconditioned since the day we were born! The path, with some rare exceptions is already drawn. Just the players change - the game is the same. As kids, we follow whatever path our parents tell us to. As teenagers we live the very few years of relative freedom, and then it's over. We go to work and provide. Provide the basics. The shit we can't live without. The food, the roof, the air...

So, the new drama of the human life really should be defined as: You have many choices where you will sell your life, but once you do, all you MAY get in return are a few years of weakness, aches and thoughts of death.

So, this is the really good deal we've got ourselves as a society. Makes perfect sense, huh!

Why wouldn't I hate humanity? The most ridiculour species in the world! Once again, I'll remind you: Sometimes I Just Hope That Everybody Dies

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rage! I love it! So sad it doesn't last long. Soon after follow Depression and Acceptance, don't they?