Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

Beet Fight

So, you probably know that Sami's walking now. Heard the news? Well, not only s he walking, but he's all over the place! I mean he gets mad if you pick him up these days.and finds it perfectly normal to go and pull strangers' cell-phones, wave at girls and window-shop by slamming on the window with both hands. But if you stop him - he shows you his disapproval of your action by a three second pause (while he takes a deeeeep, deeeeeep breath) and then: "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgh".

A late bloomer, some would say. It took him a while to start walking. I mean, he was almost 14 months. Well, first of all, I feel like it still was a bit early. I could have used a couple more months of the "serenity" of just carrying him around or using the stroller. Gone are the days.


And second of all, give him a break. He's a boy after all, you and I both know that us, boys are slower than girls. Not only do we grow up later, (like at thirty-or-so) but we live shorter too. Gosh darn it! (I felt like I might be swearing a bit too much, so how about a "Gosh darn it" here and there) Did WE get the short end of the deal!

But anyway...so, Vegas was dark and gloomy, like it moved to the UK or something, in the past week, and it rained like 200 inches of rain, and people drowned in the puddles and got into all kinds of car-accidents ('cause in Vegas if it rains, it means on every cross-light, there's gonna be some new accident, as people just don't know what this water is, coming from the sky and forget how to drive), so it was no good for walking. And us, Bulgarians, we love to walk. Could it be because most of us grew up without cars and it's just an old habit, or because you can actually go to the food-store downstairs instead of drive to it for ten minutes, just to buy an egg, I don't know. But our addiction to walking made us go to the mall, where we can pretend like we're in a normal city and there are people on the street.

Not only does Sami forget all about us and goes to hit on girls, when we let him go, but when it's time for food he still won't sit in the stroller!

So, what follows is a smart advice to all parents, who have pissed their kid off, by trying to make him sit down to eat: People, for god's sake, if you like your clothes, don't give the enraged kid beets!!! Bloody red spit was flying all over the mall, sticking like flies on a shit all over my favorite t-shirt! Arms were waving, spoonfuls of beet puree hitting the innocent passer-bys until all of the bloody healthy food was gone.

Oh, and one more advice - blackberry puree for dessert - same thing! At least he liked it, so I didn't have to eat it off of my clothes.


Now is the time to see if any detergent company might be interested in advertizing with me, because we went home and I used...guess what...floor-cleaning solution to get the stains out! And hell yeah, it worked! So, if anybody wants to make some money, let me know, I'll advertise your product with the "before" and "after" pictures of my shirt and you win! I'll do the washing. No stains remain! But still, I'll be damned if I feed him beets again when all he wants is a cell-phone!

No comments: