Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Precision Gifts From a Loving Wife


alkA, do you realize what a perfect gift you got for me Christmas?
You had the feeling that after the 30 gifts you got me for my birthday, there was nothing else you could possibly think of!

Well, you were wrong! I don’t know whether or not you did it intentionally, but your gift to me was “inspiration”!

I can almost hear the “awwww”, coming from the more romantic readers. And even though I agree that alkA DOES inspire me relentlessly not just to write, but also to act and live, in this case I’m talking about the gift, enveloping my personality thoroughly and multidimensionally.

The gift for my past self: A “Skateboarding Bible”, containing all of the old-school skateboard arts, ever released! I’ve been into skateboarding since I was a boy and only nowadays, during what I call my second puberty do I return to those old times to an extent of forgetfulness. This book is the ultimate gift as a keepsake of those times.




The gift for my present self: A cooking kit for sushi! My girl couldn’t help but notice how cooking is becoming an essential part of my present – a mind-cheating art of spending hours researching, shopping, cutting and baking that gets devoured within minutes. It gives me the feeling of a purpose, the satisfaction of an artist and the joy of a glutton!

The gift for my future self: A bookmark that says: “It’s never too late to be what you might have been. BELIEVE”. A gift I almost hardly noticed at first, but one that contains so much thought and love! Even as I look beyond the beautiful words, written on it, I see alkA’s words to me: Read, Learn, Write. EVOLVE! She was the one that helped me pinpoint one of my paths of evolution: writing. And she has been my muse and critic ever since! My biggest inspiration!

And you, my dear, thought all gifts have been given by now! I have never realized that with your love you gave me the gift of time!

I LOVE YOU!

No comments: