Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

The difference between US and UK doctors!!!

I had never been more stunned in my life than the time when Sami's pediatrician stuck his finger in my poor baby's butt, to help him poop [ok, I'm exaggerating, perhaps I was more stunned when I saw an 'alien spaceship' in Las Vegas, which I carefully observed for about 2 hours, hovering above the entire strip until it disappeared from my amazed eyes...just to find out the next day that it was an advertisement zeppelin, for Samsung with a million shining lights.]. Anyway, that's not what amazed me, but the charge, sent to my insurance company for $250, for a 'surgery'!

So, I found that US doctors there act as hypochondriacs - FOR YOU.

But surprise, surprise! They don't have the same health care system here and...doctors are different...

So, I went to the doctor today and tried to make the comparison.

1. Doctor, my arm hurts! It's probably from the fact that Sami has been trying to pull it out of its socket (yes, I stole it from 'Friends', but it's true)

UK: Apply some IcyHot or whatever on your shoulder twice a day. Here are some pills if you like.
US: We'll have to operate!


2. I have these skin-tags on my shoulder that get irritated when I wear my murse (hihi, I knew you'd love me admitting to having a 'Diaper-dad'.)

UK: No problem, we'll take them off! It's free for you.
US: They are no big deal at all! Your insurance doesn't cover them!

3. Doctor, should I test to see if everything's ok with my prostate, as my grandpa and my dad have problems?


UK: No way! You're too young! There's definitely nothing wrong with it yet.
US: Yes. While you're at it, we'll do some other tests. Then you'll have to come regularly, once a month for more tests, but eventually we'll have to operate!

hmmm

No comments: