Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Scientific proof of the existence of love.

I just found out the scientific proof of the quality of love! Love is amazing and omnipotent, as it is highly falsifiable (testable for errors, put to the test) but not yet falsified. This means that we don't constantly try to prove it, which would say that we're never quite sure of its existence, but rather that we announce that it IS and let it withstand the blows of life!

So it's actually true that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger! Therefore, now we're stronger than ever before.

...

ok, I need to be done revising for there exams, because next thing I know, I'll be blogging in statistical symbols.

The new perspective in life, though...that's an insurmountable experience.

At least now I know - Love is Love is Love is Love!

2 comments:

Brian said...

If you exchange the word God for the word love, is your proof still true? Obviously they are different, but society treats them in similar ways.

CToRH said...

There are two points made here:
1.If you exchange the word love with God: Culturally, I like the idea. To me Love is God. Possibly that overpowering, almost transcendental emotional state of love was one of the reasons why humanity chose to relate it to the yet more mysterious concept of god. [as for myself, today I still believe in the concept of god, kind of as the sum of all energy, highly achievable through a life of love, but this is only a belief or wish, rather than conviction]
2.Is your proof still true? No. As the idea of a god is untestable. It's immune to test by definition. Any attempt to test it might just be explained by the believers as a "God's will". Therefore, it's unfalsifiable, hence - non-science (nonsense).