Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Long Story...last part! :)


Like a tramp, hitching a free ride on the last carriage on the last train, I summoned all powers, energy and ideas, to assure that while alkA goes to school, I won’t just end up being the supporting personnel, laboring at another restaurant, while she gets smarter.

I sat down and studied diligently like rarely before for my English exam and I absolutely aced it! I employed friends and long forgotten teachers for recommendations and advice…until, not long after that the wake up call spread warmth through my body and mind: “sorry to wake you up…you too have been accepted”.

Sleep>stress>denial>realization!

The realization, that this was the end of an era of our lives! The end of Vegas! The beginning of a new life. The approaching of the “some day” from our many conversations!

It was time to move on! And this is only the beginning of a hell of a long story!

Manchester, here we come! And in the meantime, Vegas, get ready, as we still have a lot of unfinished business with you! Now we’d paint the town red!

No comments: