Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

A Day in the Skatepark

If you were an Arab, or an Indian in Manchester, chances are you will find yourself in the Curry Mile in the morning. Despite my lack of desire to generalize, I would tell you that most likely you would give a very judgmental look to the father, who pushes the stroller of his 2-year-old son on a skateboard, flying towards the skatepark. But I'm used to these angry looks, staring at me as if I am breaking the law and fly by all the hookah-smoking critics of the Curry Mile for five minutes. For right after that is our little skate heaven. Every time the weather cheers up a notch, we try to go there.

Sami becomes more and more stable on the skateboard, as you may have noticed. So, now the next step is to introduce him to the half and quarter-pipes. And as a 10-year-old boy at the park told me, after asking me how old Sami was: 'Gotta start them while they're young!' (I laughed my ass off).

So, here are the first steps...rolls:


Already generating some interest in the ladies....not :)

No comments: