Search This Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Trading a TV for a Fireplace!



Ever seen an ad like this? I wish I had! I wish my mind would have been more open and out-boxed a looooong time ago and not just last month, when I finally dared to sell my enormous, wardrobe-like TV and discover the fireplace that was hidden behind it for years!
A new world enfolded! A world where you can sit down with your loved one and a glass of wine and talk!, reconnect, or just listen to music and daydream! It’s like a blindfold has been removed from my eyes and now the time we used to waste watching shallow, unfunny and uninteresting movies, or brainwashing news, or the Hollywood gossip, can actually be OUR time again!
I’m so conditioned! The abstinence that I feel! The pressure! Buy! Buy! Buy! Spend hundreds of dollars, get the newest, the best, who cares that you’re broke! You’ll get it now and pay it later! You need a new TV, who lives without a TV? Everybody has one! You’re a freak! How can you go a whole month without one? It’s like food and water! What are you going to do if you don’t have one? Read? Write? Think? Make love? God forbid you had a chance to wake up from the slumber!
The struggle with the deamons, implanted by the modern world is a monstrous battle! I’m doomed to lose! The drug’s gonna get me sooner or later! “The consumer always pays the fee with great hope and anxiety, but he’s always left wanting more…” (Shelter).
And what’s even worse is that I feel depressed when there’s nothing that I need. It’s like this is ridiculous! There must be something I need! I can’t ask for anything for Christmas this way! Christmas? So what if it’s Christmas? I’m sure many of you have felt the pressure…Buy! Buy! Buy! Well, I don’t wanna buy! I don’t wanna give useless gifts with no meaning, just because I have to! I want to express my heart in a gift! Not buy a stupid gift-card! And certainly NOT when I’m TOLD to! And not to mention…I don’t want anything! Call me! Not because it’s some stupid fake holiday, exploited by the corporations, so you can buy! Call me, ‘cause you care! Where’s the LOVE? Where’s the warmth? Where’s even your stupid God in your stupid Christmas?
$$$$peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend
$$$$peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend
$$$$peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend
Be a $$$$lave!
There’s your God!
***
I just sit here and I wish!
I dream of a world…
With far less TV’s and far more fireplaces!





4 comments:

Unknown said...

:) We don't have a TV and it's GREAT ;)

Unknown said...

Stupid fake holiday, huh? This holiday celebrates the birth of our saviour...and leads to the cross. Redemption for all mankind. This holiday is so far from fake or stupid. Now what America and maybe even you make it... thats a whole different story. Get back to the real reason of Christmas.

Vladislav Ivanov said...

Having more people around that would enjoy sharing the magic moments when you're just staring at the fire ... that's what I would enjoy.

Anonymous said...

As a continuation of this and previous socially rebellious thoughts on your side, here's a reading you might find interesting, plus it would fit well your hardcore mantlepiece :). If the little tornado gives you the time, that is.
http://www.chomsky.info/books/state01.htm