Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cutting Nails is Like Pulling Teeth!



I was never much of a cutter anyway. Always, I mean always when I had to cut something, I’d make as crooked cuts as it gets. Be it cutting out animal pictures as a kid when I always used to cut off a ear or a tail, be it as a teenager when I was endlessly cutting copied CD covers…to this day they stay crooked on my cd’s, be it when I tried cutting Buddah’s nails and left her with a good half cut-off nail, that left bloodstains all over our floor and my mind. Because I just cannot cut!
That’s why I was terrified today when Sami scratched my face pretty bad and I saw that there was no getting out of it, because tonight he might scratch his. I had to cut his nails!
So, imagine trying to throw a ball through a small loop-hole, blindfolded! That’s what I was doing this morning! Tiny little hands, with tinier little fingers and even more tinierer little nails! But that’s not all…they are friekin’ moving all over the place! You know what I mean, that kid won’t stand still when you tell him to! No toys, nor Buddah would help me get him to concentrate his attention on something else, so I can cut his fingers…pardon me…I meant to say nails.
Good thing I had to tackle him down so many times with the past cold, to suck his boogers out (oh, my God he hates it!) so at least I have experience in forcing my kid down.
So, I admit it! I used force! Give me up, America, report me to the bureaus, institutions, sue me, but I struggled my kid down and held him down till I cut his nails. Oooh, wraaaaaah, the cries, the screams, they’ll haunt me in my dreams. But sit back and relax, no blood was spilled! And even though the shape is pretty wavy, I’m proud of myself! A new Everest was conquered today!
We had to celebrate!
We went to a restaurant!
Just the two of us!
It was romantic and messy!
But beautiful!
I ordered the calamari, Sami – steamed yellow squash with spinach and bread. That kid has a weird taste! But I’m glad he knows to eat healthy.
And now, now daddy’s celebrating his first and only night all alone by himself. Tomorrow we’ll have guests. And I need not mention that I worked for the past week.
alkA’s still gone and I can’t wait for her to be back, but this night is all about me! I have the fireplace, wine, music and a book all to myself!
Dads, we need some attention too, even if we are the only ones to agree on that, huh!