Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Emigrants' Blog Facelift

I constantly get bored with the image of my blog and constantly look for ways of improving it. The blog has increasingly become my artistic platform and albeit rather timid and concise in my writing lately, I enjoy tweaking the image of it at all times.
So, what I love the most is the opportunity to reveal my Darker Side to you. (Unfortunately, blogspot.com is bugged as hell and rarely recognizes the changes as I make them. For example, currently the 'Dark Side' and 'Bright Side' buttons constantly stop reacting) When everything's ok, there will be a player there with some of the more thoughtful music I listen to at the moment. For, as you probably have noticed with me, it's not only peaches and cream. But instead of forcing you to read about the darker side on a coffee morning and possibly darkening your day, I've chosen to separate the two as two separate blogs.

The pages:
Under 'Music' blogspot does not allow separate posts, but just one. Therefore, I will simply update that with my latest finds in the world of Hardcore/Punk, etc. After distributing CDs and stuff throughout the late 90's, my e-mail address gets littered with the newest information of releases, so I may as well pass it on to you there.

'My Favorites' contains the links of my all time favorite blogs which may have remained far in the past if you are a new reader. Therefore, as I remember of some relevant or interesting old posts, I will highlight them there for you. After all, I am extremely rarely proud of anything I've written. So those are the few that make the cut for me.

'Cool links' I rarely have time for just browsing the net, but whenever I stumble upon interesting websites, they'll go there. So you may as well check them.

Additionally, on the left handside you can see what's been read the most. For some reason, the California road-trip report seems to be the most-read thing I've written. I am starting to dislike the constant presence of that one there, but there's nothing I can do to reset the viewer count on that one, so we are all stuck with it.

I am extremely, extremely grateful to those who read my blog! I can assure you that there is NO GREATER gift for me than the one of a new reader signed up, a comment or a 'like'. I thank you for that! And if you haven't subscribed, please do! That shows me that there's a reason for writing all that.

As for the posting, I have quite a few things I would like to share with you during December, so keep on reading ;)

Love,

CToRH

No comments: