Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Fashion before passion

I have the unfortunate fate of often being ridiculed by my dear wife about my fashion beliefs. It's true that the obsession with clothes and accessories never quite developed and remained in its rudimentary form of the old-school-hardcore-punk-skateboarding style. Every now and then, though I crack and I have one of those good-hair days, where somehow I match the right set of clothes on my back and I get a thumbs-up from alkA. Yet, during our US days, I've been called quite 'European' looking by my friends at work, when they saw me with my checkered Billabong jacket.

To them 'European' or gay is often an interchangeable 'offense' and I have plenty of examples to prove that one day...

But this post is not about that.

I figured that the day would come, when I'd look at the modern teens and be like my grandfather, when he almost got a heart-attack, seeing my earrings. I didn't however think I'd be that surprised that early in my life.
So, to me the way they made clothes this winter was...so that everyone can finally dress ugly and never have to worry about looking bad anymore. This way, if you look like a rug, who cares if you're walking amongst scarecrows.

But, enough talking. Judge for yourself!


So, my friends, ugly's the new black! I say go to your grandma's attic or basement, dig out what you can find and you'll blend in just fine. But then again, who am I to judge. I'd probably pick the white/blue dress from the third picture anyway :)

No comments: