Search This Blog

Sunday, November 1, 2009

There are no hours, days or years...


Who has heard of Skakavitza?

It’s one of the few places left in our world, (if it even still exist as I remember it) where I first experienced the presence of a higher power. Call it God, call it quantum-mechanics, or the Secret, whatever the name, that is where I first lost my virginity! And I’m not talking about sexuality here either. I’m talking about spirituality. That was a place where I was in such awe with Mother Nature, that the powerful emotions, submerging me deep in the abysmal spiritual currents left me weak and incapable of comprehending what just hit me. The only reaction I could muster was…tears.


Skakavitza was the place that opened my senses to nature and one of its priceless gifts – the absence of civilization. Not just because I cherished the views, the colors and the magnificence of it all, but also because of the lack of one more ingredient, sickening my everyday life – TIME! The destroyer, the dictator! The neverending relentlessly downpouring sand of the hourglass. What’s even worse, it just stinks of civilization and vice-versa.

“…and then one day you find
Ten years had gone behind you,
No one told you when to run,
You missed the starting gun!”

This is one of my favorite and most formidable verses of all. But it wouldn’t have been if I hadn’t been born with the birthmark of civilization and all its pressures of milestones that I’d have to reach within a certain age of my life. Truth is, I’m so preoccupied counting the years that I forget to live them!


This really hit me today, as I was about to switch my clocks one hour back. I had earned an hour and this gave me a little thrill. But for what? All that really happened was that I lost another battle with the demands of my mental pre-conditioning. There are no hours, days or years. Just a certain glimpse in eternity where you get to open your eyes and say “Aaaaah, there’s something other than darkness in the world, and it’s beautiful!” That’s all you need to do! Realize the gift you’ve been given and enjoy it, grasp and grab and take deep breaths and love and give! By trying to reach what’s being expected from us, we just perpetuate the spell, that’s been cast upon us by some heartless sadistic misanthrope.

So how about we don’t set our clocks back for once? How about we just stop them all and just live for at least a day, huh?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone once said - Life sucks when you think about it and is great when you live it. If only it was so easy not to think!

alkA. said...

...enough preaching. live however you like.

Anonymous said...

i like that Anonymous...!!! Goood entry ..as always :)